Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving is only 17 Days away...

Every year my Aunt throws an amazing party for Thanksgiving. All family members are invited to attend along with their families, and it is a blast! Everywhere you look there is something going on. The ladies are gathered in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on yummy southern dishes, the men are gathered around the pit smoking turkeys and hams, the teens (and an adventurous Dad or two) are in the yard playing tag football,and the kids are running from the sand pit to the horse pen and back. There is always plenty of catching up, visiting, and laughing going on, not to mention a few rounds of dominoes. All in attendance leave late in the evening with bellies full, loaded up with "to-go" plates for later and a smile from ear to ear across their face. I looked forward to every Thanksgiving on "the ranch" nearly as much as Christmas morning. I love to bake so every year I ask if there is something I can bring and every year I get the same response "Just your family and an appetite." So every year I bring a small gift to say thank you. This year I was lost at what to give, then Close To My Heart came to the rescue.








This Thanksgiving Card using My Acrlix So Grateful Stamp Set is the perfect inspiration. So with just a couple of weeks till the big day I am off to make a few of these and maybe some orange slice pumpkins. Happy Crafting!


Supplies used are all Close To My Heart
Stamp Sets: So Grateful
Cardstock: Mischief Level 2 Paper Packet*, Sonoma Level 2 Paper Packet**, Colonial White and Grey Wool (Both available in the Neutral Cardstock Combo Pack)
Inks: Olive, Sunflower, Sunset and Grey Wool (to sponge card base)
Embellishments: Mini-Medley Accents Olive Collection

Optional Supplies:
*Sunset Cardstock with cross hatched pattern using Sunset Marker instead of Mischief Level 2 Paper Packet
**Olive Cardstock Sponged with Olive Ink instead of Sonoma Level 2 Paper Packet

No comments:

Post a Comment